1089 Los Altos Avenue, Los Altos, CA 94022$4,198,000
Experience a private and tranquil retreat nestled in a stunning garden setting with lush landscaping and mature trees.
This six bedroom, five bathroom home at the end of a private cul de sac in sought-after North Los Altos is full of updates and modern details. The home is a sophisticated blend of sleek materials like custom concrete counters and floors. The indoor-outdoor living is truly impressive, with large bright windows and doors that lead to an expansive yard, pool and hot tub.
The open living room features a dramatic concrete wood burning fireplace, movie projector with hidden screen and a wall of glass that opens to patio where a glimmering pool beckons and a wall of ivy provides a stunning backdrop. Enjoy movie nights with friends or a spectacular dinner party in the adjacent dining room.
The kitchen, a brilliant blend of warm wood, sleek hand poured concrete counters and modern cabinets is framed in beautiful views of the garden’s Japanese maples, cedars and oaks. Sliding glass doors lead to a custom outdoor concrete dining table with seating, perfect for indoor-outdoor living. Step through the mud room with a sink and enormous pantry to the yard where you could clip herbs for your meal.
When it’s time to unwind, feel secluded in the Master Suite, situated in the opposite end of the house from the living area. Open up the glass doors to the hot tub and deck—a spectacular view to wake up to.
This home also features three bedrooms in a separate wing with a kitchenette, two bathrooms and a private entrance. It could function as an in-law unit or additional family bedrooms.
Enjoy a close proximity to Downtown Los Altos and an easy commute via Caltrain, San Antonio Road, Foothill Expressway, Highway 101 and Highway 280.
This approximately 3,897 square foot home features:
- 6 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms in a private cul-de-sac.
- Fantastic indoor/outdoor connection through French doors, double sliders and large windows which flood the space with light and fresh air.
- Lush, meticulously landscaped grounds.
- Stunning architectural details that marry the beauty of modern clean lines and industrial sleek details like corrugated tin and concrete with antiques, like armoire and castle closet doors built into white walls.
- Spacious eat-in kitchen with amazing light and views of grounds. Features include stainless steel five burner Bosch cooktop, beverage bar, poured concrete countertops and sinks, sliding doors onto patio.
- Open living room warmed by wood-burning fireplace and custom concrete surround and a glass wall that opens to the pool.
- Drop down movie screen, projector and built-in surround sound provides a cinematic experience in the living room.
- Formal dining room attached to living room allows for optimal flow and large gatherings.
- Master suite features hardwood floors and double sliding doors onto patio and hot tub.
- Luxurious master bath with walk in closet, jetted tub and spacious shower featuring body jets and rainfall shower.
- Three bedrooms and two bathrooms located on a separate wing with private entrance and kitchenette provides an option for an in-law unit or additional bedrooms.
- Two car garage with storage, plus parking additional off-street parking.
- Orchard includes persimmon, guava, peach, pomegranate, quince, cherry, orange and more.
- Mature trees provide cool shade, while lovely vines, fragrant roses and oleander bring year round color.
- Access to natural, open space protected by SFPUC behind house.
- Custom designed Tahoe Blue Pebble Tec self-cleaning heated pool and hot tub.
- Multiple outdoor storage sheds.
- Detached office overlooking grounds. Outfitted with electrical, heating, wi-fi.
- Detached art studio or workshop.
- Close to San Antonio Road with Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, countless restaurants.
- Minutes to Downtown Los Altos, California Avenue and Stanford Shopping Center.
- Easy commute options include Caltrain, San Antonio Road, Foothill Expressway, Highway 101, Highway 280 or El Camino Real.
1089 Los Altos Avenue, Los Altos, CA 94022
Interested In This Property?
Owning a home is a great investment and it is key to plan your mortgage payments ahead of time. Calculate for your monthly mortgage using our free calculator below.